1. Training sessions with three pastors (interior): One of two may be “taking my place” in the future in the Master’s program. The plane is yet a very useful tool! God has removed us from jungle flying, but He has given us desert flying in its place.
2. We finished our second “remote” classes for 12 students of the Master’s Degree in ACRE (across the country), of which 8 are Baptist pastors (always a rich blessing to train God’s chosen leaders!).
3. A short visit to Cobija, Bolivia again to help out our two friends, single missionary girls Crizelite and Duda—team church planting, working the orphanage, and elderly care outreach, where last week TWO men were saved!
4. Eusebio church plant: We just did our first VBS! Kim was one of the teachers. At the church, I am bringing a two month set of sermons on “the painful book” (James). Painful because it is impossible to read through it without seeing many areas I need to change.
5. The visit of our son Jonny and his wife Elly, whom we have not seen in 3-4 years. They have been working in China, and decided to spend their saving son tickets to come and bless us. Always a delight to get to see our kids.
Prayer requests for August:
1. August 3-5, another very special conference in another city and states, Mossoro. Both Kim and I will be teaching on specifically requested and needed topics.
2. Thanks for your prayers for the counseling center in our church … and the growing pains that are (Lord willing) “producing endurance … let endurance have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect, and entire, lacking nothing” (James 1).
3. My favorite course of the entire Master’s degree program: End of August, we will be teaching the entire book of Proverbs, verse by verse, in the Biblical Counseling context. Much work has gone into this, and I am excited about its possibilities.
4. And thanks for continuing to pray for all the small facets of this ministry (below) not mentioned here. Their continuance and fruit depend on much prayer.
Division of ministry facets:
Master’s degree training
– Main site: SIBIMA seminary, Fortaleza, 4 “week modules” per year. (Great news—we are in our last year of writing courses!)
– Other branch sites: BIO BRANCO ACRE, 3 “week modules” per year; LOGOS seminary, Sao Paulo, 1 module per year.
Now teamed up with ABWE missionaries Tim and Andrea Blazer, planting the congregation in Eusebio (Fortaleza outskirts) Sunday mornings.
4 track Biblical Counseling training: (one week per year each location)
– Main one—Fortaleza (helping ABCB, Brazil Biblical Counseling Association)
– Natal—Berean Baptist Seminary
– ACRE—(local churches)
– Interior (done with aviation)
– Limoeiro do Norte, Nova Russas, Campina Grande
– Down South—Curitiba (also helping the ABCB) Two days per week counseling at our IBBP church and the SIBIMA seminary for the Parangaba church that operates out of their building.
Last but not least by any means— please pray as we work very hard at training people to take our place It is our most difficult task, but at my age, time is short.