LIVING THE GOSPEL
THE SPECTRUM OF THE SPIRIT: KINDNESS
1A. KINDNESS IS NOT NATURAL TO MANKIND.
2A. KINDNESS IS DISTINCTIVE TO GOD.
1B. HE IS THE PERFECT BALANCE OF KINDNESS AND SEVERITY.
2B. HE USES KINDNESS MOTIVATIONALLY.
3B. HE SAVED US THROUGH KINDNESS.
4B. HE PLANS EVEN MORE KINDNESS IN ETERNITY.
3A. KINDNESS IS EVIDENCE OF REGENERATION.
1B. BELIEVERS ARE COMMANDED TO BE KIND.
2B. WE COMMEND OURSELVES THROUGH KINDNESS.
- Love is a virtue which reflects the goodness of God in its totality!
- Joy is a virtue that sees everything from the standpoint of hope in the sovereign, eternal purpose of God.
- Peace is a virtue which sees everything from the standpoint of hope in the sovereign, eternal care of God.
- Patience is the virtue which leads us to act on the basis of mercy and grace by faith rather than reacting on the basis of the other person’s shortcomings.
- Kindness is the virtue which treats people with mercy in every context.